One sudden evening, my parents ask me to attend a family function because they cannot attend. Precisely speaking I already had too many things on my plate like a event, a friends wedding and what not but just to ensure my parents don't get upset, I agree to attend the function. The story is not about attending the function but meeting people I have never seen, never known existed. All of a sudden I was to become a part of their universe, scary!! I had to greet people but don't know who they are.
I felt was claustrophobic, strangers who are related to me but not known to me. All the while I cursed myself to agreeing to attend. I could do was just smile because I didn't know, honesty still don't know who is who. I hardly conversed maybe someone might have thought poor girl might be dumb.
I surely should blame my parents for it. You had no time to take me to meet them, connect to them or let alone tell me they existed. I was an alien in the crowd of people. The introvert in me only could do was try to hide herself in engaging herself in listening to music, watching TV series or do nothing but pretend to be doing something important.. I always thought what it was to be a part of joint family. I always fantasized of being a part of it. But when you are so aloof and feel like a puzzle piece which actually doesn't fit in. Maybe still this might be a start of something new, It feels so right..... Oh song of high school musical is playing in mind. Funny!!
I felt was claustrophobic, strangers who are related to me but not known to me. All the while I cursed myself to agreeing to attend. I could do was just smile because I didn't know, honesty still don't know who is who. I hardly conversed maybe someone might have thought poor girl might be dumb.
I surely should blame my parents for it. You had no time to take me to meet them, connect to them or let alone tell me they existed. I was an alien in the crowd of people. The introvert in me only could do was try to hide herself in engaging herself in listening to music, watching TV series or do nothing but pretend to be doing something important.. I always thought what it was to be a part of joint family. I always fantasized of being a part of it. But when you are so aloof and feel like a puzzle piece which actually doesn't fit in. Maybe still this might be a start of something new, It feels so right..... Oh song of high school musical is playing in mind. Funny!!
I can totally relate to your situation. In my case you always save me from such events by coming along with me, which is enough for me. I would have saved you but then you wouldn't have written this blog....
ReplyDelete